When you reach for your toothbrush and paste to begin your dental hygiene session, does a nagging sensation come over you? Do you eye your dental floss and wonder if you should be starting with it or ending with it? We know that these types of questions are things you often save for your dental visit and then forget to mention. The good news is that as long as you’re brushing and flossing, you’re doing a good job. As for those little questions that show up when you least expect them, our quiz is full of answers.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: It’s very important that you floss before you brush, so you can get your teeth as clean as possible during your dental hygiene session.
- True or False: If you want to make the most of caring for your oral health, particularly your gums, then you should only floss before bed but not in the morning.
- True or False: It’s always best to rinse your mouth after you eat. Then, by giving your mouth a rest for around 30 minutes before brushing, you allow the pH to return to a more normal level.
- False. Neither order is best when you’re performing dental hygiene. Try both out and then come to your own conclusion. Which ever makes your smile feel the cleanest wins!
- False. Again, this is not a significant factor. The important detail is whether you’re flossing every day without fail. As long as the answer to that questions is “yes” then you’re in good shape.
- True. It’s best to rinse, then wait, then brush. This ensures you’re not brushing in a very acidic environment, which is dangerous for your teeth.
Bring Up Dental Hygiene Concerns During Visits
Let us know if you have questions about your home care, so we can assist you! To learn more about caring for your smile, schedule a visit in Maple Grove, MN by calling Elm Creek Dental today at (763) 416-0606. We proudly service the residents of Maple Grove, Brooklyn Park, Rogers, Elk River, Osseo, Otsego, Plymouth, Wayzata, and surrounding communities.