Are you new to the diagnosis of sleep apnea? Perhaps you have just heard about this sleep disorder and have begun wondering if it might explain some of the up-until-now inexplicable things that have been going on with you lately. Whatever the case, by becoming familiar with the basics, you will see that if you’re someone who needs sleep apnea treatment, you need to come into our practice sooner than later. Not sure about all this? Get started with our quiz!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Sleep apnea is a very loud form of snoring, while snoring is mild to moderate when it comes to how noisy and disruptive it can be.
- True or False: The only thing you can do to make your sleep disorder better is come in for treatment with us. The stuff you hear about lifestyle changes won’t actually help or have any effect.
- True or False: Sleep apnea treatment is a very complex and somewhat invasive form of care but since it works very well, it is considered worth the effort and minor discomfort.
- False. Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder that, while it may include snoring, is not the same thing. This issue involves the collapse of throat tissues, which temporarily obstructs breathing until you wake up.
- False. Lifestyle changes can also have a significant impact on your ability to overcome sleep apnea. If you need to lose weight, avoid artificial relaxants, or otherwise, do so to improve your nightly rest.
- False. Sleep apnea treatment is simple, noninvasive, and very comfortable. All you have to do is wear a mouthguard when you’re in bed to enjoy dramatic improvement to your sleep.
Treat Sleep Apnea ASAP
Come see us immediately if you think you may require sleep apnea treatment, so we can immediately begin assisting you in achieving a full night of sleep. To learn more about caring for your smile, schedule a visit in Maple Grove, MN by calling Elm Creek Dental today at (763) 416-0606. We proudly service the residents of Maple Grove, Brooklyn Park, Rogers, Elk River, Osseo, Otsego, Plymouth, Wayzata, and surrounding communities.