You have likely grown up with the general knowledge that it is important to floss your teeth every single day. However, that doesn’t mean that you have a full understanding of what makes this part of preventive care so very important. After all, do you know how flossing as part of your dental hygiene helps your smile – or do you just know that it somehow contributes to good oral health? Find out the answer to that question (and a bit more) with a quick flossing quiz!
Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: We suggest that you floss your teeth as part of daily dental hygiene to protect against plaque-related oral illnesses.
- True or False: Flossing is only for the purpose of protecting your teeth and gums from illness – it doesn’t do anything for the freshness of your breath.
- True or False: Flossing between teeth promotes a smile that remains clean and healthy looking.
- True. Incorporating flossing into your dental hygiene is the only way to effectively clean between your teeth – your toothbrush is insufficient in this area. As a result, you get rid of plaque that can lead to gingivitis or cavities.
- False. Flossing is essential in maintaining fresh breath. Even the seemingly minor accumulation of plaque between your teeth can lead to foul breath because the bacteria in plaque and tartar emit unpleasant smells.
- True. Flossing promotes a smile that looks both clean and healthy in two ways. First, by making sure there is no food or plaque buildup between teeth. Second, by preventing inflammation that can cause your smile to less than attractive.