Do you feel anxious about seeing the dentist? If so, you may be one of the estimate 8-10% of the population who have dental anxiety. Avoiding even minor dental care as a result of anxiety can increase the risk of poor oral health. With sedation dentistry, we can help you remain calm and relaxed throughout a procedure. What is sedation dentistry?
Maple Grove, MN Sedation Dentistry Quiz
- True or False: We recommend this option for nervous patients.
- True or False: Patients remain conscious throughout treatment.
- True or False: The effects wear off quickly.
- True or False: We will take your medical history into account when recommending this procedure.
- True. If a patient is nervous or has an overactive gag reflex, then we may recommend a calming solution to help the patient relax. Sedation has also been known to help patients with medical issues and envelopment disorders that make undergoing treatment difficult.
- True. Also known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide is administered through a mask placed over the nose. The gas helps the patient enter a relaxed state. The patient will remain conscious and able to respond to the dentist. However, he/she will have little to no memory of the treatment.
- True. Some forms of sedation leave a patient feeling groggy, requiring a friend or family member to bring them home after the procedure ends. However, nitrous oxide wears of almost immediately, allowing a patient to return to work or school.
- True. We will look at your current health and examine your medical history. We can then decide if nitrous oxide is the best choice for calming you prior to treatment. If you have any questions or concerns then we urge you to contact our office. We’re ready to talk to you about your options. We want to make sure you receive the care you need to maintain a healthy and attractive smile
ABOUT YOUR MAPLE GROVE, MN, DENTIST:
To schedule an appointment at Elm Creek Dental in Maple Grove, MN, call our office today at (763) 416-0606. We proudly serve residents of Maple Grove, Brooklyn Park, Rogers, Elk River, Osseo, Otsego, Plymouth, Wayzata, and surrounding communities.